Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp?

+29
wjk
tanszi
chrissie
AnnaEsse
Annabel
kitti
mara thon
Lillyofthevalley
Justiceforallkids
Chris
tigger
fred
margaret
Wintabells
Angelique
buildersbum
halfamo
Hammy
widowan
Carolina
maebee
SyFy
the slave
almostgothic
pennylane
MaryB
Wallflower
whatsupdoc
Oldartform
33 posters

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp?

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 9:52

margaret wrote:
Panda wrote:Newscorp shares have lost U.S. $ 7 BILLION over thr last 4 days. Murdoch is betting that by including sky News he has secured a review by the
Monopolies Commission
even if it takes a year by which time the hacking furore will have abated. Analysts say this will not be the case, that because
the Times and The Sun have also been accused, this investigation will take years even if not publicly .

It"s beginning to look like Murdoch will be forced to break up his Empire, shareholders are becoming very worried at the falling value.

I don't understand what that is about Panda, do you? I saw they 'withdrew their undertakings to the Government' but what does that mean in simple terms??

Hi Margaret, The initial bid to buy the bskyb shares excluded sky news on the grounds it would appear too monopolising. Now, on advice from his Lawyers
he is including skynews in his bid which means the Monopolies Commission will now have to investigate, taking months, by which time he is betting that
the hacking scandal will have abated and his bid will be evaluated in a more favourable light.he "withdrew their undertakings" simply means they no
longer agree not to include skynews in their bid.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
 Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp?

Post  margaret Tue 12 Jul - 11:48

Panda wrote:
Hi Margaret, The initial bid to buy the bskyb shares excluded sky news on the grounds it would appear too monopolising. Now, on advice from his Lawyers
he is including skynews in his bid which means the Monopolies Commission will now have to investigate, taking months, by which time he is betting that
the hacking scandal will have abated and his bid will be evaluated in a more favourable light.he "withdrew their undertakings" simply means they no
longer agree not to include skynews in their bid.

Thanks Panda  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 306321 l must be dim it's confusing, but l see what he's doing now canny little devil....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
 Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 12:07

Hi Margaret,

What I would like to know is who did Murdoch write out a cheque for in the sum of U.S. $ 1 MILLION

It must have been some [size=18]well known Celebrity[/size]

Bu***r it, I thought I was going to surprise you  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 294124

A Friend showed me what to do yesterday on here and it worked, she printed the instructions and I copied them faithfully, the colour didn"t work nor the font size and those brackets with size never showed either.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 389741 ....ah well, back to the Drawing Board.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jul - 12:10

Panda wrote:Hi Margaret,

What I would like to know is who did Murdoch write out a cheque for in the sum of U.S. $ 1 MILLION

It must have been some well known Celebrity

Bu***r it, I thought I was going to surprise you  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 294124

A Friend showed me what to do yesterday on here and it worked, she printed the instructions and I copied them faithfully, the colour didn"t work nor the font size and those brackets with size never showed either.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 389741 ....ah well, back to the Drawing Board.

Just a [ in the wrong place - and too many sizes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 12:22

carmen wrote:

Just a [ in the wrong place - and too many sizes

Hi Carmen, I"m going to get a sheet of paper and practice later on , one thing, I will never understand how to use a computer or find info, it"s just
a blind spot with me.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Tue 12 Jul - 12:40

Worth a read/watch

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/12/gordon-brown-condemns-disgusting-work-news-international

News International were out to get Gordon Brown BIG TIME. Why??? Too Old Labour? He claims that he wanted a Judicial Inquiry into NI

going to come from the editor of the Sunday Times in dealing with the indiscipline among his reporters. This was a culture in the Sunday Times and other newspapers in News International, where they really exploited people."

Brown said that as prime minister he had wanted to set up a judicial inquiry. "I came to the conclusion that the evidence was becoming so overwhelming about the underhand tactics of News International using these private investigators to trawl through people's lives, particularly the lives of people who were completely defenceless, I thought we had to have a judicial inquiry." Senior officials, however, had blocked the plan

What has always interested me greatly, however, is why Teflon Tony Blair always got such an easy ride from teh press. For instance, we the public we have Never, Ever found out anything at all about Tony Bliar's expenses have we? Why is that? I believe that expenses from all other MP's, including Brown has now become public, There were rumours on 3A's - quite credible ones, imo about Tony Blair's daughter being rushed to hospital after having attempted suicide because of all the flack that her father/she was getting about Iraq.

That story never made it into the print media. Interesting....
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Tue 12 Jul - 12:44

Yet Brown still went to Rebbekah's wedding eh?

More fool him.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 12 Jul - 13:07

Whoop! whoop! Panda that was a surprise! I was going to say l was amazed you know the ins and outs of Murdochs bid but the forum buttons fox you.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 294124

There'll be no stopping you now!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 13:25

margaret wrote:

Whoop! whoop! Panda that was a surprise! I was going to say l was amazed you know the ins and outs of Murdochs bid but the forum buttons fox you.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 294124

There'll be no stopping you now!

My Sister said to me a long time ago "you have good Business Sense , but no common sense.".....I think she"s spot on.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 15:29

Latest on Newscorp.

Murdoch has bought back $5 Billion of Stock in Newscorp and has about $12 Billion in cash to be able to buy back more shares if necessary . How can anybody have $12 BILLION in cash???????? Has he never thought of doing something useful with all his wealth , like feeding the World or
building Hospitals in Poor Countries, that is obscene Wealth and I hope his rotten empire comes crashing down.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 15:50

Latest Rumour from the U.S., James Murdoch, Rebekah Brooks and the CEo of Dow Jones are to be charged with Purgury
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Tue 12 Jul - 15:56

carmen wrote:A suggestion.......

Love him a what a excellent suggestion , perhaps he could take dodgey Dave with him and Gideon with him.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 12 Jul - 15:57

Wallflower wrote:Yet Brown still went to Rebbekah's wedding eh?

More fool him.

Keep your friends close. And your enemies even closer!!
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 16:39

halfamo,

Dennis Skinner has always been the tell it like it is MP and was one of the few who never claimed expenses, pit he wasn"t our Prime Minister.

David Cameron is in deep in this scandal because Murdoch Supported him in the Election , what price did Cameron pay? Agree the bskyb bid would
go through? No wonder he is so quiet.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 17:25

News Corp investors attack Murdoch

Rupert Murdoch
accused of 'egregious' behaviour for using firm as 'family candy jar' in
lawsuit that claims it is 'inconceivable' he was unaware of phone
hacking at News of the World

• Rupert Neate

• guardian.co.uk,

Monday 11 July 2011 17.28 BST

•  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Icon_font
    larger |
    smaller

•  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Rupert-Murdoch-007
    Rupert Murdoch, who has been accused of
    'nepotism and corporate governance failures'. The lawsuit says: 'These
    revelations … show a culture run amuck within News Corp and a board that
    provides no effective review'.
    Photograph: Sipa Press/Rex Features

A powerful group of News Corp's shareholders have accused Rupert Murdoch of "egregious" behaviour and treating his media empire like a "family candy jar".The
    shareholder group, which includes banks and pension funds, accused
    Murdoch of "rampant nepotism" and using News Corp resources for "his own
    personal and political objectives".The institutional
    shareholders, led by the Amalgamated Bank, said it was "inconceivable"
    that Murdoch would not have been aware of rampant phone hacking at the News of the World."It
    is inconceivable that [James] Murdoch and his fellow board members
    would not have been aware of the illicit news gathering practices. And
    yet, the board took no real action to investigate the allegations until 7
    July 2011, when Murdoch selected two of his co-directors to deal with
    the imbroglio," the shareholders said in a legal filing in Delaware, where News Corp is registered."These
    revelations should not have taken years to uncover and stop," the
    filing adds. "[They] show a culture run amuck within News Corp and a
    board that provides no effective review or oversight."The shareholders noted that Rebekah Brooks, chief executive of News International
    and editor of the News of the World at the time of the hacking, was
    "consistently promoted even while the scandal was unfolding".The
    legal filing is an update to an earlier lawsuit against the appointment
    of Elisabeth Murdoch to News Corp's board following the $615m (£383m)
    acquisition of her Shine Group production company."News Corp's
    behaviour has become an egregious collection of nepotism and corporate
    governance failures, with a board completely unwilling to provide even
    the slightest level of adult supervision," said Jay Eisenhofer, a Grant
    & Eisenhofer lawyer representing the shareholder group."The
    result has been a piling on of questionable deals, a waste of corporate
    resources, a starring role in a blockbuster scandal, and a gigantic
    public relations disaster. It is way past time that the News Corp board
    step in and initiate serious changes to the company's corporate
    governance."The legal complaint filed in Delaware chancery court
    said: "Murdoch has treated News Corp like a family candy jar, which he
    raids whenever his appetite strikes. Ignoring the distinction between
    public and family business, the board has repeatedly permitted Murdoch
    to: intertwine rampant nepotism in the conduct of company business;
    undertake actions designed to maintain his control over News Corp; use
    News Corp resources for his own personal and political objectives; and
    reward himself handsomely with excessive compensation."The
    shareholders complain that Murdoch's personal interference with good
    corporate governance has led to a so-called "Murdoch discount" that has
    depressed the value of the shares below those of other similar media
    companies."The fact that the board has been so passive despite
    years of misconduct is a testament to how lacking in independence its
    members are from the Murdoch family, shareholders allege. This has led
    to a 'Murdoch discount' in the marketplace," the complaint adds.The
    shares were down 5% at $16.50 in New York trading at 3.45pm London
    time. The shareholder lobby group owns less than 1% of News Corp stock.

• guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media Limited 2011

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual the Americans take action while we are fumbling around in the dark. The fact that an official complaint has been filed against NewsCorp
will I"m sure mean the break up of the Murdoch Empire and we will get to know who Murdoch personally paid a $1 million to, also the 3
miscreants. Rebekah, James and the guy from Dow jones called to give evidence will be very interesting.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 12 Jul - 17:33

Either you got sticky fingers or sticky keys, Panda!  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Laughat
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 17:50

pennylane wrote:Either you got sticky fingers or sticky keys, Panda!  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Laughat

Why, what have I done now.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 12 Jul - 18:21

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:Either you got sticky fingers or sticky keys, Panda!  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Laughat

Why, what have I done now.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 294124

It's all those miles of blank spaces on your posts that has me in fits, Panda. It does make it interesting though..... you just have to slide weeeeeeeee down, down, down, until you come to the next paragraph. But it's always worth the wait.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 18:37

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

It's all those miles of blank spaces on your posts that has me in fits, Panda. It does make it interesting though..... you just have to slide weeeeeeeee down, down, down, until you come to the next paragraph. But it's always worth the wait.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 944533

Ah, but, pennylane, it"s because the blank spaces have photographs in them which don"t show up when I copy and paste. Please don"t tell me how to
include the pictures, let me learn how to change ink colour, change font size and highlight first....Rome wasn"t built in a day you know.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 23324  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 12 Jul - 19:15

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

Ah, but, pennylane, it"s because the blank spaces have photographs in them which don"t show up when I copy and paste. Please don"t tell me how to
include the pictures, let me learn how to change ink colour, change font size and highlight first....Rome wasn"t built in a day you know.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 23324  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 23324

I don't know how to post pictures within articles either, so no worries there, Panda! Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 110921 You have been doing some good stuff lately copy and pasting I've noticed, and I look forward to seeing a bright red or blue sentence or two from you in due course!  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 Icon_flower
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 12 Jul - 21:22

So Murdoch is bying back millions in shares? BILLIONS? Does he think that will forestall this action by the shareholders?

Ha!

I just learned have always known how to strike through Panda. don't feel alone in your struggle!

Seriously he is buying all these shares back - it IS like a family candy jar and he let David Cameron stick his hand in also, this has gotten entirely too cosy with the Prime ministers and the Murdoch clan. The big threat seems to be that they'll call a Judicial review or put regulation on the press - what is so scary about that? Can it be worse than it is now?
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 21:36

Goldman Sachs and a couple of others are saying the Newscorp shares are a good buy and will appreciate a lot when this NOTW hacking scandal
abates, but Widowan, I"m not so sure. America is far more on the ball than Britain about Monopolies and may force Murdoch to break up his Empire
because Dow Jones are involved which could be insider trading or some other illegal activity. Also, to write a cheque for $1.million is incredible maybe
someone threatened to sue Murdoch and this was a payoff. One day they will make a Film of this I"m sure.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 12 Jul - 21:37

Murdoch may sell the sun and times....news international ...hope he does.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 12 Jul - 22:03

kitti wrote:Murdoch may sell the sun and times....news international ...hope he does.

Kitti, he owns so many Companies, someone listed them once, not sure where, but I wouldn"t be surprised if he had to sell off bskyb because he and
his Son James have proved they lack morals and although the Investers taking the three of them to Court only own 1% of the Shares, others might join them when they know the full extent of the corruption.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 13 Jul - 7:09

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

You can always delete the line breaks Panda  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 2 25346
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next