Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH

5 posters

Go down

FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Empty FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH

Post  Badboy Sat 31 Jan - 20:50

I READ RECENTLY THAT THERE ARE SAYING FIZZY DRINK CAN INCREASE RISK OF BREAST CANCER IN YOUNG GIRLS AS WELL AS AGE OF FIRST MENSTRUCTION/PUBERTY.
SOUNDS LIKE KEEPING OFF THE FIZZY DRINKS IS A GOOD IDEA.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Empty Re: FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH

Post  joyce1938 Sun 1 Feb - 13:47

yes badboy ,its beenknown for long time about fizzy drinks ,the other one that a lot think must be healthy ,is what is called pure orange juice ,again far too mich sugar in that too, if you are a mother of small kids ,it would do well to not buy too much of it .I could not before I knew about the health of it ,kids had to have water ,once one bottle of sqash was gone between 3 kids ,nevr had the cash to spare on keeping kids happy ,haha I must be old eh ?
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :
FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 3 Nov - 19:58

IT IS BEING SAID THAT GIVING KIDS SWEET DRINKS EARLY IN LIFE MEANS A LOT DEVELOP SWEET TASTES AND DISLIKE TASTE OF WATER.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 5 Nov - 17:18

VIDEO: Leicester MP Keith Vaz launches fizzy drink campaign
By Leicester Mercury | Posted: July 15, 2013

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/VIDEO-Leicester-MP-Keith-Vaz-launches-fizzy-drink/story-19520021-detail/story.html

By Yasmin Duffin
CAMPAIGN: Keith Vaz with Tia Mistry, aged nine, at the campaign launch at Abbey Primary

CAMPAIGN: Keith Vaz with Tia Mistry, aged nine, at the campaign launch at Abbey Primary

A Leicester MP has launched a national campaign aiming to get all schools to stop selling fizzy drinks.

Keith Vaz is concerned that although fizzy drinks are banned in state schools, vending machines selling them are still available in academies and free schools nationwide.

His campaign comes after the NHS warned that one-third of children are either overweight or obese by the time they leave school.

Mr Vaz, who has type 2 diabetes and is founder of the diabetes charity Silver Star, said: "It is simply not right that pupils in academies and free schools have access to sugary drinks that are a leading cause of obesity in our children.

"The Government has seen the sense of banning these products in maintained schools, so academies and free schools must follow suit."

As part of the campaign, launched on Friday at Abbey Primary School, in Leicester, schools will be awarded a silver star if they agree to stop selling such drinks.

Mr Vaz joined pupils in a game of handball to raise awareness of the importance of a good diet and exercise.

He then awarded the school a silver star for its commitment to healthy eating and exercise.

"We are experiencing an obesity epidemic in our children," said Mr Vaz.

Councillor Vi Dempster, assistant city mayor for children, young people and schools, said that the city council has no formal powers over academies and free schools.

However, she said it aimed to work in close partnership to see nutritional standards apply equally in academies and free schools as they do in local authority schools.

Diabetes nurse Elaine Duffin, who is supporting the campaign, said: "People need to be educated from a young age about the amount of sugar that goes into these fizzy drinks.

"Taking vending machines out of schools would obviously help, but doesn't stop kids from going into shops and buying sugary treats.

"If a drink tastes nice, they'll have it."

Elaine said young people need to learn to make better choices, which could delay the onset of health issues, such as diabetes, when they are older.

"A lot of people see diabetes as a 'fat-disease' and that's not right. Type 2 diabetes is in our genetic make-up and some people aren't aware they have it. The whole population needs to be educated.

"Everybody should be living a healthy lifestyle."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/VIDEO-Leicester-MP-Keith-Vaz-launches-fizzy-drink/story-19520021-detail/story.html#ixzz3qdXWSYGh
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Leicester Coca-Cola truck visit good for sugar debate' says Peter Soulsby after Keith Vaz objection
By danjmartin | Posted: November 05, 2015

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-Coca-Cola-truck-visit-good-sugar-debate/story-28121047-detail/story.html#1

Sir Peter, Coca-Cola Santa and Keith Vaz
VIEW GALLERY
Comments (7)
Leicester mayor Sir Peter Soulsby has welcomed the pre-Christmas arrival of the Coca-Cola truck in the city - because it has allowed Keith Vaz to trigger a debate on sugar content in food and drink.

Mr Vaz has urged the soft-drinks giant to by-pass the city when its big red promotional truck tours the country.

The Labour Leicester East MP, a type two diabetic and founder of the Silver Star diabetes charity, said the truck was not welcome here.

He is concerned about the high sugar content of the popular drink and the effect it has on health.

Diabetes information roadshow stopping on two dates in Leicester

Keith Vaz says the Christmas Coca-Cola truck is not welcome in Leicester
Facebook group sets up Coca-Cola Christmas truck petition against MP Keith Vaz

Today Sir Peter Soulsby chose his words with care when asked if he agreed with Mr Vaz's stance that the company should not come to the Highcross shopping centre on December 17.

Sir Peter told the Mercury: "It is a wonderful opportunity for those who are concerned about sugar in their diets and in drinks to highlight the issue.

"I welcome the fact that Keith has raised this and that it has led to a high-profile debate.

"To that extent it (the Coca-Cola truck) arriving in Leicester is a good thing."

Sir Peter indicated he would not be attending the corporate event at the Highcross on December 17 saying he had not been invited and that he didn't to commercial endorsements.

Conservative city councillor Ross Grant described Mr Vaz's intervention as opportunism.

He said: "I'm not campaigning for Coca-Cola but it is easy for Keith to take a swing at a big multi-national company but what has he actually done to tackle the problem?

"Has he written to every school in his constituency to make sure sugary soft drinks are not being consumed on the premise.

"He has picked a fight that he knows will get his name in the media."

Mr Vaz has however got a long-track record in campaigning against excessive sugar in food and drink.

He has made calls in Parliament for clearer food labeling to display sugar contents and has pressed for sugary drinks to be banned from schools.

He has also urged Coca-Cola to reinvest some of its profits in diabetes research and begged sports stars like Maria Sharapova to stop promoting unhealthy foods.

Of the Coca-Cola truck visit Mr Vaz had said: ""The Coca Cola truck is not welcome in Leicester, and this national tour to promote sugar-laden drinks is ill-judged and unwise at a time of record diabetes and obesity levels.

"Coca Cola have said the truck will not be giving their products to younger children, but this is clearly unenforceable.

"This tour is not the 'real thing' it is the wrong thing."

A Coca-Cola spokeswoman said: "The Coca-Cola Christmas truck tour provides a moment of fun for the family in the build-up to Christmas and we've had a positive response from many people in Leicester to the news that it will stop there this year."

A spokesman for NHS England said: "The evidence shows that this type of advertising increases children's preference for and consumption of sugary drinks, which are linked to tooth decay and too many calories leading to obesity.

"There is no place for sugary drinks in a child's daily diet – lower fat milks and water are ideal but swapping to no added sugar, diet and sugar free alternatives is fine."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-Coca-Cola-truck-visit-good-sugar-debate/story-28121047-detail/story.html#ixzz3qdafTUKz
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook
Unquote.

My opinion, for what it's worth is to agree with Vaz, but why only does he protest against fizzy drinks? Sure they are sugar laden, but so is ghee and the sweetmeats much favoured by those he relies on for electoral support. The dietary preferences of his constituents revolves around high sugar content foodstuffs. If he is so serious and not attention seeking does he not tell those who he represents to change their diet?

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 5 Nov - 20:37

KEITH VAZ IS A DIABETIC,DIDN'T KNOW THAT.
AT MY DAY CENTRE TODAY,I SAW A NEWS CLIPPING SAYING CUTTING OUT SUGAR CAN CUT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE IN ABOUT 10 DAYS,IF I REMEMBER THE ARTICLE CORRECTLY,PERHAPS THEY WILL NEXT SAY SUGAR CAUSES HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 6 Nov - 20:28

Badboy wrote:KEITH VAZ IS A DIABETIC,DIDN'T KNOW THAT.
AT MY DAY CENTRE TODAY,I SAW A NEWS CLIPPING SAYING CUTTING OUT SUGAR CAN CUT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE IN ABOUT 10 DAYS,IF I REMEMBER THE ARTICLE CORRECTLY,PERHAPS THEY WILL NEXT SAY SUGAR CAUSES HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.

If used in excess it may contribute to the development of hypertension in those who are genetically at risk, due to cholesterol reducing arterial diameter and increased body weight, Badboy.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 7 Nov - 21:10

"My opinion, for what it's worth is to agree with Vaz, but why only does he protest against fizzy drinks? Sure they are sugar laden, but so is ghee and the sweetmeats much favoured by those he relies on for electoral support. The dietary preferences of his constituents revolves around high sugar content foodstuffs. If he is so serious and not attention seeking does he not tell those who he represents to change their diet? "

I agree malena why doesn't he? I don't think he will though!

Nice to see you, I hope that you are well FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Icon_flower
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 8 Nov - 10:35

fuzeta wrote:"My opinion, for what it's worth is to agree with Vaz, but why only does he protest against fizzy drinks? Sure they are sugar laden, but so is ghee and the sweetmeats much favoured by those he relies on for electoral support. The dietary preferences of his constituents revolves around high sugar content foodstuffs. If he is so serious and not attention seeking does he not tell those who he represents to change their diet? "

I agree malena why doesn't he?   I don't think he will though!

Nice to see you, I hope that you are well  FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Icon_flower

Good morning fuzeta, it's nice to see you also, yes thanks I'm fine and well, although not overly impressed with the cold and sometimes downright icy atmosphere......

As for Vaz he maybe means well in highlighting the potential dangers of high sugar content drinks to youngsters, but to suggest Leicester City unilaterally refuses to accept a visit from a Christmas holiday travelling advertising campaign is surely not the way to do it. Certainly it isn't the Democratic path this country has followed for centuries. (Up until recently when sticky fingered politicians and their friends were allowed to manipulate the law of the land for their own financial aggrandisement with little or any fear of legal retribution).

Vaz is hardly likely to offend the very people who consistently elect him that, what is probably their most prolific medical problem is being exacerbated by their lifestyle.

FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Icon_flower
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 8 Nov - 11:41

malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:"My opinion, for what it's worth is to agree with Vaz, but why only does he protest against fizzy drinks? Sure they are sugar laden, but so is ghee and the sweetmeats much favoured by those he relies on for electoral support. The dietary preferences of his constituents revolves around high sugar content foodstuffs. If he is so serious and not attention seeking does he not tell those who he represents to change their diet? "

Nice to see you, I hope that you are well  FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH Icon_flower

Good morning fuzeta, it's nice to see you also, yes thanks I'm fine and well, although not overly impressed with the cold and sometimes downright icy atmosphere......

As for Vaz he maybe means well in highlighting the potential dangers of high sugar content drinks to youngsters, but to suggest Leicester City unilaterally refuses to accept a visit from a Christmas holiday travelling advertising campaign is surely not the way to do it. Certainly it isn't the Democratic path this country has followed for centuries. (Up until recently when sticky fingered politicians and their friends were allowed to manipulate the law of the land for their own financial aggrandisement with little or any fear of legal retribution).

Vaz is hardly likely to offend the very people who consistently elect him that, what is probably their most prolific medical problem is being exacerbated by their lifestyle.

Unilateral was it?  Fancy that, I would have thought that there were many people that would have enjoyed a visit from the 'Christmas holiday travelling advertising campaign' get them in the Christmas spirit so to speak.

Yes the atmosphere is very icy Malena, keep yourself wrapped up warm against the chill

Last edited by fuzeta on Sun 8 Nov - 12:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 8 Nov - 12:48

fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:

Unilateral was it?  Fancy that, I would have thought that there were many people that would have enjoyed a visit from the 'Christmas holiday travelling advertising campaign' get them in the Christmas spirit so to speak.

Yes the atmosphere is very icy Malena, keep yourself wrapped up warm against the chill

FIZZY DRINKS ARE BAD FOR HEALTH 294124
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 8 Nov - 12:57

It's 22ºC here. I could take some of that icy weather.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down