Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brussels' Bombings

+2
Angelina
interested
6 posters

Go down

Brussels' Bombings  Empty Brussels' Bombings

Post  fuzeta Tue 22 Mar - 16:13

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-35869266

Our politicians words are cheap, life is not. All we hear are words, the same old words that do not mean a thing. They use them every time. When will something be done?

Last edited by fuzeta on Tue 22 Mar - 16:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
Brussels' Bombings  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brussels' Bombings  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Brussels' Bombings  Empty Re: Brussels' Bombings

Post  malena stool Tue 22 Mar - 17:12

fuzeta wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-35869266

Our politicians words are cheap, life is not. All we hear are words, the same old words that do not mean a thing. They use them every time. When will something  be done?

They'll never do anything fuzeta, the only way to defeat terrorism is to use the terrorist's tactics against them and they won't do that.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Brussels' Bombings  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brussels' Bombings  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 22 Mar - 23:49

I listened to Donald Trump on TV today. He is all about taking "them" out. My question though is "where"? Unfortunately, it seems "they" are among us now, wherever we may be in the world.

I don't have a say in the U.S. election but I started listening to Trump's speeches for the entertainment value. Lately I find myself agreeing with some of the things he is saying - and that worries me.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 23 Mar - 0:01

CAN ISIS BE ELIMINATED?
RECKON CELL HAS EXISTED FOR SOME TIME,THEY LAUNCHED ATTACK BECAUSE OF POSSIBLE LEAK.
TRAGIC LOSS OF LIFE, 34 DEAD?
LINK TO PARIS ATTACK.
COULD CAPTURE OF PARIS ATTACKER BEEN TRIGGER?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Wed 23 Mar - 8:12

malena stool wrote:

Our politicians words are cheap, life is not. All we hear are words, the same old words that do not mean a thing. They use them every time. When will something  be done?

They'll never do anything fuzeta, the only way to defeat terrorism is to use the terrorist's tactics against them and they won't do that.

Unfortunately malena stool, you are quite right. We are far too civilised and far too politically correct to deal with these terrorists in the only way they understand. That I firmly believe is because our leaders in the West do not understand the fundamentalist/terrorist mind themselves. There is absolutely no doubt for example that the terrorists are using our very tolerance against us. Inevitably, in the wake of these attacks we are warned of the dangers of "islamophobia". No, I don't condone any form of mindless violence, but among a certain kind of mind set it is a real possibility. That again brings it's own danger. We constantly read of these attacks against Churches, and Christians generally by Muslim mobs. Such things are starting to happen in the west as well. how long before one of these far right movements decides that if the elected governments will not act, vigilante action will. That I believe is something to be very afraid of.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Wed 23 Mar - 9:47

When are our so-called leaders going to recognise and accept the fact that a war is being launched in Europe and as such special measures should apply. Political correctness needs to fly out of the window.

It may not be a war as we used to recognise it, but it's war nevertheless.

We are never going to be safe while suicide bombers can walk freely in our midsts. Terror alerts can never be less than high level. Everywhere we go we are at risk.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 23 Mar - 11:46

ONE OF THE BOMBERS Has been captured, saw it on msn,these terrorists acts seem to happen every week somewhere in the world.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 23 Mar - 20:52

katertaif wrote:
malena stool wrote:

Unfortunately malena stool, you are quite right. We are far too civilised and far too politically correct to deal with these terrorists in the only way they understand. That I firmly believe is because our leaders in the West do not understand the fundamentalist/terrorist mind themselves. There is absolutely no doubt for example that the terrorists are using our very tolerance against us. Inevitably, in the wake of these attacks we are warned of the dangers of "islamophobia". No, I don't condone any form of mindless violence, but among a certain kind of mind set it is a real possibility. That again brings it's own danger. We constantly read of these attacks against Churches, and Christians generally by Muslim mobs. Such things  are starting to happen in the west as well. how long before  one of these far right movements decides that if the elected governments will not act, vigilante action will. That I believe is something to be very afraid of.

I agree katertaif, I'm also afraid that vigilante style reprisals will happen here in the UK, much as they are now taking place in other countries both in Europe and around the world. At some point our government must comply with one of the more important tasks they are elected to do... ensure that the people of this country have secure borders and are able to safely walk the streets.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Thu 24 Mar - 9:33

Malena stool wrote:

I agree katertaif, I'm also afraid that vigilante style reprisals will happen here in the UK, much as they are now taking place in other countries both in Europe and around the world. At some point our government must comply with one of the more important tasks they are elected to do... ensure that the people of this country have secure borders and are able to safely walk the streets. [/quote]

The situation around the world is far  too serious for flippancy, but at risk of  sounding so, Belgian security seems to be worse  that Saudi Arabia's, where all too often it's a joke. They were warned months ago that trained fighters are roaming the streets. They catch them, and then release them again. The only good news is that on sky news this morning, a start was made in discussing this in public. for too long now we have been kept quiet in the name of political correctness. The terrorists and those who wish us harm have loved that. The normal Muslims who only want a peaceful life, and form the vast majority are just as afraid as we are. They will be forced to toe  the fundamentalist line as well.  At least we are starting to talk about it. Our governments now need to go on to more positive action. before the vigilantes do.

Brussels' Bombings  680495

Last edited by katertaif on Thu 24 Mar - 9:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelt word)
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 24 Mar - 19:03

katertaif wrote:Malena stool wrote:

I agree katertaif, I'm also afraid that vigilante style reprisals will happen here in the UK, much as they are now taking place in other countries both in Europe and around the world. At some point our government must comply with one of the more important tasks they are elected to do... ensure that the people of this country have secure borders and are able to safely walk the streets.

The situation around the world is far  too serious for flippancy, but at risk of  sounding so, Belgian security seems to be worse  that Saudi Arabia's, where all too often it's a joke. They were warned months ago that trained fighters are roaming the streets. They catch them, and then release them again. The only good news is that on sky news this morning, a start was made in discussing this in public. for too long now we have been kept quiet in the name of political correctness. The terrorists and those who wish us harm have loved that. The normal Muslims who only want a peaceful life, and form the vast majority are just as afraid as we are. They will be forced to toe  the fundamentalist line as well.  At least we are starting to talk about it. Our governments now need to go on to more positive action. before the vigilantes do.

[/quote]
Our Security Services do seem to be more on the ball than many others around the world for identifying and nullifying threats, (if the statistics which are occasionally released by government are to be believed). However, the asset slashing and centralisation of our emergency services by consecutive administrations leaves us woefully short of an effective response to the sort of events seen in Paris and latterly Brussels. The moderate Muslims, and I've worked with many who have seen first hand the depths the radicals will go and are probably more afraid than are we.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Thu 24 Mar - 19:21

malena stool wrote:
katertaif wrote:Malena stool wrote:

Our Security Services do seem to be more on the ball than many others around the world for identifying and nullifying threats, (if the statistics which are occasionally released by government are to be believed). However, the asset slashing and centralisation of our emergency services by consecutive administrations leaves us woefully short of an effective response to the sort of events seen in Paris and latterly Brussels. The moderate Muslims, and I've worked with many who have seen first hand the depths the radicals will go and are probably more afraid than are we.  [/quote]

(quote fuzeta wrote)
I agree I sometimes wonder which side our politicians are on, it does not seem the peoples of Europe that is for sure.

I am afraid lighting up monuments and gathering in squares endlessly spouting words such as "we will not let them take away our democracy and freedom"  will not do the job.  I have news for these politicians our democracy is a laughing stock to these terrorists, it feeds them.  As for our freedom that went long ago when we became afraid to talk about the situation due to political correctness (quote)

Last edited by fuzeta on Thu 24 Mar - 19:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Does not seem to be seperating posts properly!)
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 25 Mar - 1:41

6 TERRORIST SOUGHT OR CAUGHT?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 25 Mar - 12:27

7 TERRORISTS ARRESTED,ONE BRITON CONFIRMED KILLED.
SAW PANORAMA,ISIS HAVE A DEPARTMENT DEDICATED TO BUILING AN EUROPEAN TERRORIST NETWORK ABLE TO ATTACK ANY TIME.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down