Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sexualmisconduct

2 posters

Go down

sexualmisconduct Empty sexualmisconduct

Post  katertaif Thu 16 Nov - 7:55

The recent outpouring of women queuing up  to report being groped or worse 25 years and more ago, does worry me, on several fronts. Don't mistake me, any man who uses a position of power, or spurious promises to behave in such a manner should IMHO be summarily fired. Not simply removed from a cabinet position, but stay on as an MP. Having said that, I do believe there is a certain amount of bandwagon jumping. Added to which there are several incidents where a man is accused of inappropriate behaviour, and then the woman concerned goes out to dinner with the same man.. I regard with suspicion someone who suddenly remembers being traumatised 25, and 30 years ago. There should be a statute of limitations. What I am in effect saying is that, a woman should have every right to live  and work without fear of molestation - of any kind - She should be able to report it, secure in the knowledge that it will be investigated  thoroughly  and properly. If the case is proved, then that man should lose his job completely, as did Harvey Weinstein, and a few other hitherto public figures. I repeat that an MP should lose his job completely, and stand for re-election.  That is what would happen to plebs like us, and rightly so. One final thought is that if every approach by a man resulted in a report of sexual misconduct. There would be vey few relationships, and very few babies born.  AS a young man, if I ever behaved inappropriately  she simply said no, or sometimes resorted to stronger methods. No harm done on either side. I draw the line at any abuse of a child. For such people I would reinstate capital punishment.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
sexualmisconduct Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100sexualmisconduct Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

sexualmisconduct Empty Re: sexualmisconduct

Post  malena stool Thu 16 Nov - 12:41

katertaif wrote:The recent outpouring of women queuing up  to report being groped or worse 25 years and more ago, does worry me, on several fronts. Don't mistake me, any man who uses a position of power, or spurious promises to behave in such a manner should IMHO be summarily fired. Not simply removed from a cabinet position, but stay on as an MP. Having said that, I do believe there is a certain amount of bandwagon jumping. Added to which there are several incidents where a man is accused of inappropriate behaviour, and then the woman concerned goes out to dinner with the same man.. I regard with suspicion someone who suddenly remembers being traumatised 25, and 30 years ago. There should be a statute of limitations. What I am in effect saying is that, a woman should have every right to live  and work without fear of molestation - of any kind - She should be able to report it, secure in the knowledge that it will be investigated  thoroughly  and properly. If the case is proved, then that man should lose his job completely, as did Harvey Weinstein, and a few other hitherto public figures. I repeat that an MP should lose his job completely, and stand for re-election.  That is what would happen to plebs like us, and rightly so. One final thought is that if every approach by a man resulted in a report of sexual misconduct. There would be vey few relationships, and very few babies born.  AS a young man, if I ever behaved inappropriately  she simply said no, or sometimes resorted to stronger methods. No harm done on either side. I draw the line at any abuse of a child. For such people I would reinstate capital punishment.

Good afternoon, katertaif.

I'm 100% in agreement with you there, especially so in any case where a child is involved. It might be stretching the offenders 'rights' a tad and seen by many as perhaps a step back in time, but public floggings and involving the family of the child in the carrying out of whatever sentence handed down by the courts sounds good.

Those found guilty of grooming the young and vulnerable and are not British should receive the same treatment here in the UK as is awarded in their country of origin, (providing of course it is a serious enough sentence to fit the crime). Our children and grandchildren are of course our future and the future of our country and should be protected at all times from the actions of all who would offend against them.

The celeb's, the rich and famous, the bullies need to see the error of their ways and receive appropriate fines and prison time, (all of which needs to be served,(no remmission). The disgusting wrinkly MPs, many just attempting to cling on to whatever charisma they possessed before cash was all they had left, should be charged, named and shamed and stripped of all status and or power of his office, and banned from holding office again. But there does, as you say, need to be statute of limitations and with irrefutable proof supporting the complaint. This shouldn't be a problem with the technology available if a crime is committed in todays, 'techy' climate.

The flip side of this is with women now achieving high office and celebrity status.... is or can the same problem likely to occur with men claiming against their female bosses?????

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

sexualmisconduct Empty Re: sexualmisconduct

Post  katertaif Fri 17 Nov - 21:48

Good evening Malena stool. A per usual, you cut through to the heart of the matter. Your emotion and concern show through your comments anent the abusing of children. Especially I would add the vulnerable and homeless. WE are told we cannot deport these scum back to their countries of origin, as they don't want them either, and all sorts of tricks to keep them out is applied. What of other countries> They seem to have no trouble sending criminals, especially paedophiles back to wherever they came  from. Why do we have so much hassle. Any family could be included in that. It would save money, and he young girls would that much safer.

I also take your point about the rise of women  in Power. Power corrupts they say. I think it safe to say that some women are using this to blacken an MP, or movie star, Personally  I feel the  womens' movement has gone too far, too fast. Yes it wants equalising across the entire spectrum, but not - I think in the higgledy piggledy manner that it is.. exactly the  same story as machines we were told  would take over the work,  leaving us the bebefits

I agree  with you  that we have  no statesmen or women capable of running the country. I personally could not care less if Parliament was completely stuffed with women, or men, or two headed green eyed purple people  eaters as long as they had the interst of the country at stake - knew how achieve it.and did not lie to us plebs. The NHS cash for example.

As for the sentences handed out, I think the statute of limitaions. The seriousness  of the offence, and the ladies reaction to it. Touch me again, and I'll scream in 30 years time, somehow doesn't have the same ring.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum