Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is on a diet at the moment

+22
jeanie
Fern
JOHNFRANCIS
buildersbum
Mollyonthecloud
Lioned
AnnaEsse
Panda
louiseh
lea
pennylane
Alfiefinn
kitti
4timesanan
wjk
fred
wantthetruth
Angelina
Elise
chrissie
the one and only big_l
Heartsease
26 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Empty Re: Who is on a diet at the moment

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 5 Sep - 21:01

pennylane wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:Thanks anna, I have bookmarked that excerpt for future use. Lately I've been avoiding sleeveless tops and sleeveless dresses like the plague - so I'll definitely give it a go! Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Icon_flower

I'm well impressed if you're able to hang with Callen Pinckney Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 29204

I had her video 20 + years ago, and I found it difficult even back then.

I would like to find a really good exercise DVD. I have got Yogalates with the rubber band, and though it is very effective, it is also very boring. Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 49091

I got into Callanetics around the mid-nineties, but only kept up a few of the exercises, which I still do. I like yoga and now that I've got a mat, I'm going to join a class. I tried some of the Callanetics leg exercises again recently, but I could hardly walk for about three days afterward!

Ouch! Do let us know how your yoga classes go Anna. Yoga is so good for you, but I find it lengthy and slow, and you have to go through each move without skipping any which I find very laborious. I wish I had the tenacity to take on yoga.... goodness knows I could definitely use the stretches and the limbering up benefits.

I am still searching for something to inspire me, that I can really get into. I was one of the first people to get into the Jane Fonda craze, way back in the day! I kept it up for many years too. Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 25346

I get bored very easily with exercise which is the reason I stopped going to a gym. The yoga class I have found is a pay-as-you-go, which suits me much better than paying for a whole term and I managed to get the mat from someone on Freecycle. So, knowing that I'll get back from work on some yoga evenings feeling tired and I know I won't go, this class will suit me.

I do hope your mat is put to very good use - and doesn't end up being used by your darling pussy cat instead! Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Cat_exarcise Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 742129

Seriously though - very good luck with your classes Anna. Keep us posted on your progress Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 944533

The cats did try to claim the mat the first time I spread it out on the floor. It's a softly padded one and they loved it so much, the three of them started clawing at it. So, it's kept folded up where they can't get at it. I'll let you know about the yoga class when I get there! Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 294124 The spirit is willing....!!!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Empty Re: Who is on a diet at the moment

Post  jeanie Thu 7 Oct - 22:04

just got back after 2wks in tunisia..fabulous holiday and gained 5lb..not bad 'because i ate loads, the pastires are so nice...lots to catch up on here.
also we got chatting to people in tunisia from all over the uk and no-one we met believes that maddie was abducted..several people we met had been to the algarve and stayed in the same resort and they said that it felt so safe and very unlikely that maddie was taken from the apartment. Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 391499
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :
Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  louiseh Sun 10 Oct - 18:37

Sorry jeanie (about the gaining weight)! Glad you had a lovely holiday. I loved the way they cook turkey in Tunisia, most of the food is so healthy but the pastries are out of this world too! (Brik for instance, with an egg in the middle)
I managed to keep my weight down so far but trying to be vegan hasn't really worked. I want to be vegan I really do, for lots of reasons, but I give in to temptation. The smell of bacon cooking etc sets me of and it takes a few days to get back on track. Its all on again from today, will let you know how it affects my weight!!
louiseh
louiseh
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 202
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Thu 21 Oct - 10:43

Yesterdays news is great, but the budget and the cold weather is getting me down..going out for a walk and then a big bar of chocs, probaly galaxy Mmmmm....
when kwiksave shut down a few yrs ago i was made redundent, i also had a heart attck 19mths ago....but i still do some voluntry work in a charity shop. and although i am on asda/morrisons (job)waiting list, i have been told that both of these companies are making cutbacks and that they are putting in more of those DIY checkout machines, this will mean less staff are needed at the checkout tills.... i am feeling worried and anxious about the future.....although i think the retirement age for men and women should be equal there's only JSA for me for many over 55s untill we reach 66 or can get back into paid work.
lost me mojo Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 389741
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  louiseh Fri 22 Oct - 11:30

Oh jeanie, I really feel for you and wish you all the best!!! It's a real drag being on the JSA, been on it for nearly a year now. Very good that you do some voluntary work in the charity shop, I do as well! Keeps you sane seeing other people and you know what you do is so appreciated. My shop could always do with more help from volunteers, its hard work but I love it. Wish it were paid work though! Don't forget to put on your CV that you do it and that it's work you very much enjoy. I've taken my CV round a few of the big stores today, cross fingers I get a reply. Just keep yourself as healthy as you can, this last bit of good news gave me a bit of a boost. I celebrated with a really long riverside walk to a nice pub and had a healthy salad and glass of bubbly!!
(well, Asti) Hope we all get even better news soon.
louiseh
louiseh
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Fri 22 Oct - 15:10

Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 306321 thanks louiseh, i didn't go for the chocs after all, settled for a nana and yoghurt. tonite will be difficult though because 9yr old granddaughter staying overnite and i have to get some goodies in for her.
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Sat 30 Oct - 14:49

i have just read (daily mail) that weight watchers are abandoning their points plan for a new system,supposedly it's similar to slimming world...can anyone tell me more? i don't go the meetings anymore but i have bought the points food weighing scales and i use the points plan when shopping for meals.
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Sat 6 Nov - 4:09

my hair is falling out and has thinned out a lot. seems to be the past 4/5 months. i have heard this can be linked to weight loss. anyone know more. this is scary.ETD. it's getting very thin and i have always had strong thick health hair......anyone?
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Tue 14 Dec - 22:40

louiseh wrote:Seriously, if anyone here IS on a REDUCING diet at the moment I would love to here your thoughts and would appreciate some good ideas. Please don't say "That's easy-just eat less" like my doctor did the other day! I seriously need to lose a fair bit and have tried ALL the diets going. I've got a sense of humour but at the end of the day its my health that is suffering, so any suggestions I would love to here them! Ta Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Icon_flower

just have the same foods you love but smaller portions,use a smaller plate and it also helps if you have a pint of water with your meal.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Empty re Who is on a diet at the moment

Post  louiseh Wed 15 Dec - 22:23

lea wrote:
louiseh wrote:Seriously, if anyone here IS on a REDUCING diet at the moment I would love to here your thoughts and would appreciate some good ideas. Please don't say "That's easy-just eat less" like my doctor did the other day! I seriously need to lose a fair bit and have tried ALL the diets going. I've got a sense of humour but at the end of the day its my health that is suffering, so any suggestions I would love to here them! Ta Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Icon_flower

just have the same foods you love but smaller portions,use a smaller plate and it also helps if you have a pint of water with your meal.

Thanks lea, yes I have been using a smaller plate AND drinking a few glasses before meals but I suppose I could drink a bit more. It has helped, I lost two stone AND kept it off. However I seem to have hit that plataeux thing, can't shift anymore! I will keep up what I've been doing but I suppose really the answer is to move a bit more! I am really bad at that, I do walk the dog but not much else! I will start making an effort from today, will let you know what happens.
louiseh
louiseh
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 Empty Sweet pastry without adding sugar!

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Dec - 20:47

I've been experimenting with ways to get nice crumbly, sweet pastry for mince pies without adding sugar. This works well and gives a lovely crumbly texture and sweet taste. It's in ounces!

For 12 mince pies.

8ozs plain flour
5ozs butter or marg
2 ozs grated creamed coconut.

The coconut helps to give a nice texture and it's sweet.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 16 Dec - 21:56

Ive lost weight this last couple of months by not eating after 6pm this really does work, have been eating exactly what I fancy normal meals no silly portions, ive eaten chips, pizza, steak pie and cakes, but STOP at 6pm, the next day you are starving ready for your breakfast, but ive lost 9lb (4kgs) in 2 months, worth doing I promise you.
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 16 Dec - 21:59

jeanie wrote:my hair is falling out and has thinned out a lot. seems to be the past 4/5 months. i have heard this can be linked to weight loss. anyone know more. this is scary.ETD. it's getting very thin and i have always had strong thick health hair......anyone?

Ive heard that if you diet to drastically for your body to deal with, this can be linked to hair loss, have you had your thyroid checked,
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Thu 16 Dec - 22:13

hi bb Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 306321
yep had my thyroid checked and all well...i am eating more protien now and my hair is much improved but i have gained 8lbs..
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Wed 26 Jan - 13:28

Ive just bought a months supply of this alli, Im only going on it for a month to kick start me into healthy eating and weightloss, I know posters are going to say dont do it, but my blood pressure is up and I know that once I start healthy eating and excercise again Il be fine, the chemist were really good they took me into a lil room and took my weight/height, spoke in full about it and agreed for me to just do the month if that will get me started on healthy eating............So Im posting this on here so I can keep you all posted.

As the Lady said in Boots if you eat as you should on these Alli pills and cut right back on your fat intake you will be fine, the only people that complain about Alli is the ones that dont follow it correctly, and they end up sh1tting their pants Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 294124

Il keep you all fully posted about the pant department also. Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 25346
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Jan - 9:19

buildersbum wrote:Ive just bought a months supply of this alli, Im only going on it for a month to kick start me into healthy eating and weightloss, I know posters are going to say dont do it, but my blood pressure is up and I know that once I start healthy eating and excercise again Il be fine, the chemist were really good they took me into a lil room and took my weight/height, spoke in full about it and agreed for me to just do the month if that will get me started on healthy eating............So Im posting this on here so I can keep you all posted.

As the Lady said in Boots if you eat as you should on these Alli pills and cut right back on your fat intake you will be fine, the only people that complain about Alli is the ones that dont follow it correctly, and they end up sh1tting their pants Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 294124

Il keep you all fully posted about the pant department also. Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 25346

Hi Buildersbum,

What"s this "alli? I have never ever had to diet and was about 9 stone for years, had an op which was supposed to be routine and ended up in
high dependency and having a blood transfusion. I lost over 2 stone but gradually gained weight again with protein drinks and sweet stuff. That was
fine but am now addicted to sweet stuff, kid myself by using semi skimmed milk and only one spoonful of sugar but am now a chocaholic. Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 294124
Seriously, every night when I am watching T.V. or reading ,, I am eating chocolate and sweets, had to buy clothes first one size, now 2 sizes bigger.
To be honest, I"m not one for dieting but am concious of the wieght gain. It"s just a question of discipline and I really will make the effort to lose
weight just by cutting out sweet stuff......hopefully

Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 27 Jan - 12:39

Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 306321 Panda sorry to hear that, atleast your fit and well now, we all know what were happy with don't we its up to us to either live with it, ignore it or do something about it but at the mo I really want to do something about it, wow if I eat as much sweet stuff as I fancied I would be fat as a pig Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 25346

http://www.alli.co.uk/How-alli-works/Alli-works-when-you-work/

They are on special offer at the moment in Boots £30 for a month supply.

As long as you follow the low fat diet the Pharmacist said that these pills are brilliant you only go on them for a couple of months to get you eating healthier, the problem is with me I dont mind low fat, but I always think or Il just have that or this, it will not harm, well with these pills you can't do that, or else you will (excuse the language).....SHIT YOU PANTS Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 613255 Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 613255 and that for me is a def no no, and would be enough to keep me on the stright and noarrow, which I need.
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Jan - 13:04

Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 306321 buildersbum

See.."DIET" immediately sets alarm bells ringing for me, it was hard enough to change to semiskimmed milk and only have one spoonful of Sugar. Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 294124

I gave up smoking almost 5 years ago and while I never had a chest problem when I smoked, every Winter I have to use an inhaler to help me breathe.
This year I decided to have a break and follow the Sun for as long as I could afford. I"m off to Tenerife next Friday, Puerto de la Cruz for 18 days,all
inclusive which means I will not be eating chocolate and sweets for 18 days. Will weigh myself before I go and when I come back and if I have lost any
weight it will definitely spur me on to give up anything sweet.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 27 Jan - 18:45

Hey Panda hope you have a great time!!
Im sure you will get plenty of sun, just what you need at this time of the year, as for the all inclusive well Im sure I'd come back fatter I know that I'd be scoffing non stop wanting to get my moneys worth Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 25346

Bon Vacance!!
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 3 Mar - 12:14

Well Im well and truly off the wagon, this last 2 weeks as been unbelievable been eating loads dont seem to be able to fill up, and today Ive just eaten a full packet of buiscuits with my cuppa............HELP!!!!!!!!
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 3 Mar - 12:17

buildersbum wrote:Well Im well and truly off the wagon, this last 2 weeks as been unbelievable been eating loads dont seem to be able to fill up, and today Ive just eaten a full packet of buiscuits with my cuppa............HELP!!!!!!!!

I hope they were really good biscuits and worth your while! Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 294124
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Thu 3 Mar - 12:23

not too bad....eat whatever i like ...try to maintain within 5/6lbs up or down....only wiegh myself monthly
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 3 Mar - 19:32

AnnaEsse wrote:
buildersbum wrote:Well Im well and truly off the wagon, this last 2 weeks as been unbelievable been eating loads dont seem to be able to fill up, and today Ive just eaten a full packet of buiscuits with my cuppa............HELP!!!!!!!!

I hope they were really good biscuits and worth your while! Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 294124

They were anna, the really were.
Going to try and get on some sort of excercise regime...........Tomorrow Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 25346

Oh jeanie life ain't fair I wish thats all I had to do was just keep a check on it it every month.... Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 868596
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Thu 3 Mar - 19:56

oh no..how far have you fallen Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 377521
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mollyonthecloud Thu 3 Mar - 21:10

If its any help, I've just lost a hell of a lot of weight on a VLCD (Very low calorie diet).. Mine was The Cambridge Weightloss Plan.

'm delighted.. Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 849426 Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 849426 Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 849426 Who is on a diet at the moment - Page 10 849426
Mollyonthecloud
Mollyonthecloud
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 101
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next